Application is invited to apply for Asian Development Bank ADB Visiting Fellow Program 2022. The ADB Visiting Fellows Program provides an opportunity for researchers and academics to share their ongoing or recently completed economic research at the ADB headquarters in Manila.
The ADB accepts applications throughout the year, but selections will be made quarterly. Candidates and applicants from ADB member developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. This is a fully-funded ADB fellowship program for international students.
The visiting academic from ADB can stay a minimum of 2 business days and a maximum of 10 business days. The Asian Development Bank has people from 60 countries and a total of 31 state offices around the world. They ensure economic development in Asia.
ADB Visiting Fellow Program 2022
- Program: ADB Visiting fellowship program
- Host country: Philippines
- Program location: Headquarters in Manila
- Have a PhD or its equivalent, or be a PhD candidate, in economics or a related field
- Have ongoing research or a research proposal on a topic of relevance to ADB; and
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members.
ADB’s Research topics
- Aid and Development
- Behavior and Decision Making
- Economics of Climate Change
- Employment and Labor Markets
- Financial Sector Development
- Governance and Institutions
- Growth and Structural Transformation
- Human Capital
- Infrastructure and Software
- International Trade and Finance
- Money and Finance
- Poverty, MDGs and Inclusive Growth
- Project Economic Analysis
- Regional Public Goods
- Social Protection
- Trade and Investment
Applications should be sent to [email protected](link sends e-mail), and should include the following:
- Short cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Short description of ongoing research project(s) including objective(s) of the study, methodology, findings, and policy implications;
- Presentation materials such as PowerPoint slides; and
- A draft paper, if available.
Compensation and other Benefits
Visiting fellows will be entitled to some or all of the following items, and benefits will be decided by the ERCD selection committee, on a case-by-case basis:
Fees: A global fee will be paid to the visiting fellow based on their experience, qualifications, and agreed length of visit, as determined by the ERCD selection committee.
Travel costs: ADB will provide round-trip airfare on the most direct and economical route in economy class and will reimburse the costs of obtaining a visa;
Miscellaneous Travel Expenses: A one-time $ 100 grant will be awarded to the visiting fellow; Office Space: The ADB will provide office space in the department during the visiting fellow’s stay.
Accommodation and subsistence: ADB will pay the fellow a per diem to cover hotel and per diem expenses; Insurance coverage: visiting fellows will be responsible for their own travel and medical insurance during their visit to the ADB headquarters.
An ERCD selection committee chaired by the ADB chief economist will meet quarterly to review applications and make the final selection. There are two selection methods in the program:
Competitive Selection: Applications will be evaluated based on the experience and expertise of the candidate, as well as the quality of the research and its relevance to the ADB.
Direct selection: this modality will be used in special cases where the ERCD considers it necessary to involve specific people for their specialization.
How to apply
Applicants must complete the online application form and submit it by official email. Submit all necessary documents with your application form. Candidates must submit a description of their ongoing research. For more information, visit the official website of the ADB Scholarship Program.