Application is invited to apply for the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2021 by the Government of Hongkong. This is a fully-funded Hong Kong Government scholarship program for international student for a Doctoral degree. Note that bachelor student also applies directly to Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme.
There is a total of 300 Ph.D. scholarship for a foreign student. The top 8 universities of hong kong participate in this Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS). Student has the choice to apply to any academic field available at university.
Applicants may choose up to two programmes / departments at one or two universities for PhD study under HKPFS 2021/22. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programmes.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- Country: Hong Kong
- No. of Scholarships: 300
- Course Level: Ph.D. (Doctorate)
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 2nd December 2020
List of Universities
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- An annual stipend of HK $ 309,600 (approximately US $ 39,700) (to cover accommodation, meals)
- An HK $ 12,900 travel grant related to lectures and research
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete their doctorate degree, chosen colleges can provide additional support. For more information, please contact interested universities directly.
Available Fields & Major
- Engineering and Technology
- Social Science and Business Studies
How to Apply for the Hong Kong Ph.D. Scholarship
Eligible applicants must first make an initial application online through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by December 2, 2020.
Since application deadlines for some colleges can immediately follow the initial application deadline, applicants should submit initial applications as soon as possible to ensure they have sufficient time to submit applications to colleges.
Step 1: Submit initial application to Research Scholarship Council
Step 2: Submit completed applications to proposed colleges
After completing the initial application, applicants must submit full applications for the selected Ph.D. programs for the proposed universities by quoting their HKPFS reference number before the respective university deadlines. To apply, visit the official website of the Hong Kong Scholarship Program.