Application is invited to apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship 2020-2021 at the University of Birmingham. The International Development Department at the University of Birmingham offers a scholarship for the Master in International Development (Government and State Building), for the academic year beginning in September 2020.
This is a fully-funded University of Birmingham scholarship in the UK for African region student. The scholarship is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and is for a two-year program, with the selected candidate taking the full master’s program, with a one-year internship as an integral part of the program. The internship will consist of six months.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK. It received its royal statute in 1900 as successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham, and Mason Science College, becoming the first English or red brick civic university to receive its own royal statute.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship 2021
- Funded By: Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
- University: University of Birmingham
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship In The UK.
- Scholarship level: Master Scholarship.
- Deadline: 6 May 2020.
- A first-class diploma or equivalent from an approved university is essential.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this ability is needed. Applicants must achieve at least level 6.5 on IELTS or 580/93 on TOEFL.
- Applicants must be African citizens domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship applicants living in sub-Saharan Africa.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Airfare to and from the UK and visa
- £ 950 monthly grant for 18 months
- £ 950 arrival allowance
The remaining six months for the internship will be financed directly to the candidate selected by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Applications must be received through the University’s online application system by May 6, 2020. In addition to the usual documents that will be sent, you must also upload a 500-word statement and CV.
This statement should explain why you are the best candidate for the scholarship.
Then you must send your application identification number to Debra Beard. Include the “Mo Ibrahim Scholarship” in the subject line of the email. Do not include any supporting documents in this email.