Application is invited to apply for SUSI Student Leaders – Comparative Public Policymaking Program 2021. This is a fully-funded exchange program for Pakistani student. Both males and females are eligible to apply for the Student Leadership Program.
The Summer Student program 2021 can be conducted in person at the host institution, the University of Massachusetts, in the United States OR as a virtual program with all lectures and activities designed for synchronous and asynchronous online learning due to restrictions travel COVID-19.
Please note that even if you are selected for the 2021 cohort, you may not be able to participate in the in-person program. Pakistani undergraduate students interested in the subject of comparative public policymakers are invited to apply to participate in the Study of the Institute of Student Leaders of America.
SUSI Summer Exchange Program 2021
- Country: United States of America
- University: University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Duration: 5-6 Weeks
- No. of Participants: 30
- Dates: Late June to early August 2021
- Value: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 4th January 2021
These are the eligibility criteria for the SUSI US Exchange 2021 program.
Students enrolled in (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) of the 4-year Bachelor Degree can apply.
Students enrolled in (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th) of the 5-year medicine Degree can apply.
If you are enrolled in a two-year bachelor’s program, you can apply if you are NOT in your last year of studies. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
If you are enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s program, you can apply if you have at least one semester of study left. The final lsemester students cannot apply.
If you are enrolled in a five-year MBBS Medicine program, you can apply if you have at least one semester of study left. Last semester students cannot apply.
- Must fluent in English.
- Age between 18 and 25 years.
- Show strong leadership qualities.
- Indicate a great interest in learning about the United States.
- Demonstrated a commitment to community and extracurricular activities at the university.
All Participants who are applying should have a Strong Interest in Public Policy, their fields of study might vary and can include disciplines such as Politics, Law, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Biotechnology, Business, Economics, International Development, Management, and others.
All costs will be funded by the US State Department – you don’t have to spend a single penny. The following items will be included in the SUSI 2021 summer exchange program.
- Roundtrip air tickets in economy class.
- Visa cost.
- Airport charges ($ 150- $ 175).
- Monthly scholarship Up to $ 15.00 for the entire Program.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Complete accommodation.
- All field trips within the US
- They will give a new iPad.
- Mobile phone for communication.
- Pakistani students will also travel to New York, Boston, Charlottesville, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. during a free two-week tour.
- Interviews: First Week of January via Skype or Telephonic Interview.
- Final Result: Mid-March 2020.
- Passport & Visa: Selected participants will need to obtain passports & apply for U.S. visas with the assistance of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy. (They will Guide You).
- Travel to the US: Participants will travel to the United States in the Summer of 2021.
How can I Apply?
Complete an application form and submit it to [email protected] by 11:59 pm on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Only email applications will be considered for review. Be especially careful when answering the essay questions.
When saving the file and sending the application by email, use the following format for the subject line:
Candidate name, Institution name, the city where you study, for example. USMAN KHAN, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, don’t ignore it!)