Application is now open to apply for the Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship in Japan 2021. This is a fully-funded Japan scholarship program for an international student to undertake Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs. All foreign student is eligible to apply for the MEXT International Graduate Program.
The International Graduate Program offers a selection of seven curricular programs in English related to the 15 departments of Tokyo Tech and enables students to obtain a master’s or doctorate. There are two types of programs: Integrated Doctoral Education Program, Master’s Program, and Doctoral Program.
There are no Japanese language requirements for this program, as the lectures and seminars are conducted in English. However, students have the opportunity to attend Japanese classes regularly to better adapt to daily life in Japan.
Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship 2021
- Country: Japan
- University: Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Course Level: Integrated Doctoral Education Program, Master’s Program, Doctoral
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: December 8th, 2020
- Candidates must have demonstrated excellent academic performance.
- Applicants must have citizenship of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Individuals who have successfully completed 16 years of education outside of Japan or are expected to do so the day before the enrollment date.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally able to study in Japan.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study they studied at the previous university or a related field.
- You must be an undergraduate student to apply for the master’s degree.
- You must have a master’s degree to apply for a doctorate.
- Students whose language institute was in English can present the certificate of English proficiency from their university and are exempt from language tests.
Japanese citizens cannot apply for the following scholarships. International students can apply for a scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan (“MEXT”)
Tokyo Tech MEXT Scholarship:
- Roundtrip air ticket to Japan.
- JPY 147,000 monthly stipend for the master’s program.
- JPY 148,000 monthly scholarship for Ph.D. program students.
- Free registration, admission, or monthly fees.
Available Academic Fields
School of Science
- Earth and Planetary Sciences*
School of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
School of Materials and Chemical Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemical Science and Engineering
School of Computing
- Mathematical and Computing Science
- Computer Science
School of Life Science and Technology
- Life Science and Technology
School of Environment and Society
- Architecture and Building Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering
- Social and Human Sciences*
How to apply for the Tokyo Tech scholarship:
There is no online application process. Submit the University of Tokyo scholarship application by Post.
To register and read more details, visit the official website of the Tokyo Institute of Technology.