Application is invited to apply for the University of Tokyo 2022 University Recommended Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship. This is a fully-funded Tokyo university scholarship program for an international student to study in Japan. Tokyo University is Ranked 1st in Japan and 24th in World University Rankings 2020.
Tokyo University Scholarship funded by the Government of Japan. Tokyo University offering full MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship for Masters & Ph.D. The duration of the MEXT Japan master’s scholarship will be 2 years and the doctoral scholarship will be 3 years.
There are no application fees for UTokjyo Scholarship. All major academic fields and subjects are available under MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2022.
University of Tokyo Scholarships 2022
- Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo
- Course Level: Masters & Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 29th October 2021
- International students from around the world from any country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study they studied at the previous university or a related field.
- Holds an English proficiency test score equivalent to B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
- Has completed an educational program whose primary language of instruction is English that satisfies the entrance requirements to the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
Available Fields & Majors
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Biological Sciences
The MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship at the University of Tokyo in Japan is a fully-funded scholarship for international students and will cover the majority of student expenses.
Full Tuition and Entrance Fee Exemption.
- 144,000 yen/month (for a student in a master’s program).
- 145,000 yen / month (for a PhD student).
An additional 2,000 or 3,000 yen monthly stipend can be added to students conducting study or research in some designated regions of the country.
Tuition Fee: Enrollment and full tuition will be exempt.
Travel Cost: Roundtrip air tickets to/from Japan to your home country will be provided.
How to Apply
The application process is online. Submit the University of Tokyo Scholarship Application Form. To apply, visit the official website of the University of Tokyo.