The American University in Cairo (AUC) offers International Graduate Fellowships (IGF) to international students who wish to pursue their graduate studies at the university. These fellowships provide full tuition coverage, a monthly stipend, housing, health insurance, and transportation.
To be eligible for the IGF, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and meet the English language proficiency requirements. They must also demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to community service.
AUC offers a wide range of graduate programs in fields such as business, engineering, social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences. Prospective students are encouraged to review the program offerings and requirements, as well as the IGF application process and deadlines, on the AUC website.
The American University in Cairo Scholarships
- Fully Funded
- The American University in Cairo
- All Subjects
- International Students
- October 17, 2023
To be eligible for the American University in Cairo International Graduate Fellowships (IGF), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements, which vary depending on the program.
- Be admitted to a full-time graduate program at AUC.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to community service.
It’s important to note that eligibility requirements may vary slightly depending on the specific graduate program at AUC. Applicants should carefully review the program requirements and IGF application guidelines on the AUC website.
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. For the Counseling Psychology graduate program, the duration may be extended to a maximum of seven semesters
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance
- May cover remedial English language requirements
- Monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the AUC residences at the AUC New Cairo campus
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- Students must maintain a full-time status
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
How To Apply
To apply for the American University in Cairo International Graduate Fellowships (IGF), follow these steps:
Choose the graduate program you want to apply to and make sure you meet the eligibility criteria.
Pay the non-refundable application fee.
Prepare and submit all required application materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and a resume or CV, as specified by the program to which you are applying. You can upload these materials through your online application account.
Apply for the IGF by completing the fellowship application form, which is available on the AUC website. You’ll need to provide additional information and supporting documents, such as a financial statement, to be considered for the fellowship.
Submit your application and all required materials by the specified deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
For inquiries, send an email to [email protected].
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.