The application is invited to apply for Helmut Veith Scholarship in Austria 2020. The Austria Computer science scholarship 2020 offers a master degree to an international student. Helmut Veith Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of an excellent computer scientist who worked in the fields of computer logic, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security.
The scholarship aims to support bright students from around the world interested in enrolling in one of the Computer Science master’s programs at Tu Wien, taught in English. A variety of academic disciplines available under the Austria Helmut Veith Scholarship. The scholarship in Austria offers full tuition fees for a master degree and EUR 6000 annually for up to 2 years.
Helmut Veith Scholarship 2020
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Helmut Veith Stipend
- Country: Tu Wien, Austria
- Scholarship level: Master Scholarship In Austria
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees waiver, EUR 6000 annually for up to two years.
- Deadline: 30th November 2020
To be considered for the Helmut Veith Computer Science Scholarship for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the computer science master’s programs at Tu Wien, taught in English for the 2020/21 session.
- Applicants must have been admitted to study at Tu Wien and must be female students.
- Applicants must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or an equivalent degree.
- Applicants must have broad knowledge and interest in at least one of Helmut Veith’s research areas, including computer logic; Formal methods and verification; Foundations of Artificial Intelligence; Complexity theory; Informatic security; Mastery of English.
Following field are available under Computer Science Scholarship for a female student.
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- European Master in Computational Logic
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
Students who are awarded the Helmut Veith Stipend, receive:
- EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
- Cover letter, which describes the type of funding for which the student is applying and all other aspects that the student considers relevant for enrollment
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter, which describes the reasons why the student wants to study in the Logic and Computing program, why the funding is necessary and with which groups of faculty the student would be interested in working during the master’s thesis and why.
- College exam reports (school transcripts)
- Diplomas and / or certificates (first degree, bachelor’s degree or higher).
- Contact details of two arbitrators (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
How To Apply
Applicants should email their application to [email protected] with the subject “Application” in a single PDF document.