The application is invited to apply for the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Research Internship Program 2021. This is a fully-funded OSIT japan internship program for international student. All Expense during japan internship will be covered by the OIST Research program.
Research internships are awarded twice a year on a competitive basis. Selection is highly competitive and depends on the suitability of the planned research, academic background, available funds, and space. Not all available vacancies will necessarily be filled.
Applicants are considered for admission regardless of their gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, race, ethnicity, ancestry, culture, national origin, religion, or marital status. The participation of women and minorities is strongly encouraged.
OIST Internship in Japan 2021
- Country: Japan
- Internship Duration: 10 to 12 weeks
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Available Fields: Multiple Fields
- Deadline: 15th April 2021
The following eligibility criteria will be considered for OIST Paid Internships Abroad.
- Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate program at universities, colleges, institutes, and vocational schools.
- Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate program at universities, colleges, institutes, and vocational schools in Japan OR abroad.
- Recent graduates of such institutions can also apply.
- Currently, enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. If you are currently a student, please confirm with your institution.
- Students in the 3rd and 4th year of baccalaureate and 1st and 2nd year of master’s degree are especially encouraged to enroll.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest
- A letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript
- ID Photo
OIST Internship Fields
The OIST Graduate School offers internship opportunities in various fields for undergraduate and graduate students as research interns. This will give them the opportunity to gain experience and learn a specific technique.
The following fields are available for research.
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Computational Science, Environmental, Ecological and Marine Sciences, Science, Engineering, and Medical.
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology offers a fully-funded internship program with all expenses covered. All costs of the selected participants will be covered by the OIST Internship. This is a paid internship in Japan.
- OIST organizes round-trip airline tickets for selected candidates
- Visa support
- Housing on or off-campus
- Travel support
- Allowance (stipend) – 2400 JPY per day (subject to tax)
How to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program
The entire application process is completely online. There is no separate application.
Complete the online application form, upload all documents.
To apply, visit the official website of the OIST Japan Internship Program.