Application is invited to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship in South Africa 2020 for citizens of Commonwealth member states for the 2020/2021 academic session. The QEC scholarship is for two-year master’s research studies at eligible South African Host University.
This is a fully-funded scholarship program for international student in South Africa. There are more than 7 South African universities that are participating in Queen Elizabeth scholarship for a master’s degree. The QEC scholarship is funded by the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
A wide range of academic subjects is offered under a Commonwealth Master scholarship. The scholarships are named in honor of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth ad fully funded and supported by several commonwealth governments.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020
- Funded By: Association of Commonwealth Universities
- County: South Africa
- Scholarship level: Masters
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Deadline: 14th July 2020
To be considered for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Master 2020/21 students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of Commonwealth countries and willing to study for a master’s degree at a South African university.
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree with a score of 2: 1 or equivalent (or that allows them to enter a postgraduate course) from a world-renowned university.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership and academic skills and be able to communicate with people of different cultures, races, and nationalities.
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Complete a QECS at the University of Pretoria by completing an online application form.
- Medicine, health and life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering, and mathematics
- Social sciences
- Arts and Humanities
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance
- An economy class returns airfare to their Host country.
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant- on request only and subject to approval.
List Of Universities
- University of Pretoria
- North-West University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Venda
- University of Johannesburg
- Rhodes University
How to Apply For QECS
Applicants should visit the official website of participating universities in South Africa and apply for admission to study the chosen course. For some universities, applicants must submit an application for admission at the same time that they apply for the scholarship.