Application is now open to apply for the National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic for international students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists. The Slovakia Scholarship 2024 for international students is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The Slovakia National Scholarship 2024 is the best study abroad opportunity for a foreign student to undertake master’s, doctoral, and other studies at higher education institutions in Slovakia. All international students from any country are eligible to apply for the National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic.
A variety of academic fields and major disciplines are available under the Slovak Republic government scholarship. There are no application fees for Slovak college scholarships. For more details about the scholarship please check the given details below.
National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic 2024
- Organization: National Scholarship Program
- University: Higher Education Institutions of Slovakia
- Course Level: Research Exchange for Master, Ph.D., Researcher, University Teachers
- Award: Fully Funded
- Deadlines: 30 April
The general eligibility criteria are presented below:
All international students from all over the world are eligible. University students from universities outside Slovakia. Please note that this Slovak international student scholarship is not a full-time scholarship for full bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral scholarships.
- Academic curriculum or CV
- Declaration of interest or motivation.
- Study plan / Research plan / Research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Educational documents (results, transcripts, titles)
- Admission letter or offer
- Passport copy
- Other supporting documents (if any)
This is a free full scholarship in Slovakia for international students. These free scholarships to study abroad in Slovakia will cover almost most of the expenses, not all, but most of the expenses, such as:
- Free scholarships for international students to cover the living costs of international scholars
- Food, and accommodation during the stay.
- Travel allowance (airfare) for a student residence in Slovakia
- University student: € 350
- Ph.D. student: € 580
- University professor, researcher, artist: € 580
- Without a doctorate (or equivalent) and less than 4 years of professional experience as a professor/researcher/university artist: € 580
- with a doctorate (or equivalent) and less than 10 years of professional experience as a professor/researcher/university artist: € 850
- With a doctorate (or equivalent) and more than 10 years of professional experience as a professor/researcher/university artist: € 1,000
Duration of the National Scholarship Program
The National Scholarship Program of the Republic of Slovakia is the Short Fund Exchange Program to continue its research in higher education institutions in Slovakia.
Duration of a scholarship (students): 1 to 2 full semesters (that is, 4 to 5 or 9 to 10 months) or 1 to 3 full trimesters, if the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 4, or 6 7 months) or 9 to 10 months).
Duration of a scholarship (Ph.D. students): 1 to 10 months. Duration of stay (university professors, researchers, or artists): 1 to 10 months.
Re-applying for the scholarship:
In case of re-applying for a scholarship, the application can only be approved if between the deadline by which the applicant re-submitted the application and the deadline by which the NSP scholarship was last awarded and received, at least 2 years (including) have passed.
Exception to this condition can be only in cases worth of special consideration, especially if the previous stay supported by the scholarship was affected by an extraordinary circumstance caused by force majeure (e.g. pandemic, military conflict, etc.).
The last date to enroll in the Slovak National Scholarship Program is 30 April.
How to apply
Scholarship applications are submitted online at www.scholarships.sk. The online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline. Applications can be filled in only in case the online application system has already been opened.
Applicants are allowed to submit (fill in) applications and the required attachments in Slovak or English language only (in case of documents written in other languages the application must contain the original documents together with their official translation into Slovak or English language.
Required documents that must be attached to the online application for a study stay in case of international students.
Required documents that must be attached to the online application for a study/research/artistic stay in case of international Ph.D. students.
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.