The application is invited to apply for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) in Netherland 2021. This is a fully-funded international Netherland scholarship program for non-EU students. The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is highly competitive and available for Humanities students.
Applicants will be selected for the University of Amsterdam scholarship based on their academic excellence and promised in the proposed field. Scholarship recipients become part of a select community, taking part, for example, in extracurricular activities developed especially for them.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. UvA is one of the two main research universities with public capital in the city, and the other is Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2021
- University: University of Amsterdam
- Country: Netherland
- Scholarship Level: Master
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th January 2021
- You have a non-EU / EEA passport and are not eligible for assistance under Studiefinanciering, the Dutch study loan system.
- You are new to UvA. An AES will not be awarded to applicants applying for a second master’s program at UvA.
- You have not received a grant other than AES. Notify UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
- Minimum GPA, comparable to:
- 3.7 (USA)
- First-class degree (UK)
- Cum laude (Dutch system)
- Academic records: transcripts (and diploma, if you have already graduated), including your GPA.
- Letter of recommendation from a dean, professor, or academic supervisor.
- Motivation letter (maximum 500 words), explaining the reasons for choosing the specific master’s program
- CV, including a description of extracurricular activities, such as participation in student committees, international experience, high-level sports or music, or volunteer work;
- Proof of English proficiency.
How to apply
You must submit a scholarship application in parallel to the master’s application.
The master’s application and scholarship application will be analyzed by different selection committees. Submit your scholarship application and master’s application.