Application is invited to apply for The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). This is a fully-funded scholarship program for an international student to Study a Full-time Master’s Degree Program Funded by Japan and the World Bank Group. All Expenses will be covered under this Program.
The World Bank’s Vice Presidency for Development Economics (DEC) offers scholarships for young students and researchers, contributing to the World Bank’s mission to forge dynamic new approaches to capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world.
Since 1982, DEC’s scholarship programs have helped build a pool of more than 6,000 well-trained and experienced development professionals and academics, transforming their countries and positively impacting future generations.
Please note that if you are not admitted to one of these 26 programs, you are not eligible to apply for a JJWBGSP Scholarship.
To accommodate the academic calendar of the JJWBGSP Participating Programs, the next application process will be organized in two rounds:
- Application Window#1: From January 16 to February 28, 2024, at noon Washington time.
- Application Window #2: From March 27 to May 26, 2024, at noon Washington time.
World Bank Scholarships Program 2024
- Scholarship Country: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan
- Organization: World Bank Group
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Scholarship Level: Masters
Details on Eligibility Criteria for each call for applications are provided in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly speaking, Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country on this list;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
Also Check: Commonwealth Scholarships 2024-25 (Fully Funded)
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
How to Apply for World Bank Scholarships
The JJ/WBGSP uses the following process to review eligible scholarship applications from developing country nationals, with the aim of identifying the candidates with the highest potential, after completion of their graduate studies, to impact the development of their countries.
The scholarship application process is online. To apply, visit the official website of the World Bank Scholarship Program.
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.