Application is open to apply for Australia Awards scholarships for international students. This scholarship in Australia 2025 is funded by Foreign Affairs and Trade. Australia Awards fully funded Scholarships is a long-term study abroad program to study in Australia for free.
Its objective is to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries, by bilateral and regional agreements. They offer opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those located in the Indo-Pacific region, to complete full-time undergraduate or graduate and doctoral studies at Australian universities and participate in technical and higher education institutions (TAFE).
The study and research opportunities offered by Australian Scholarships develop people’s skills and knowledge to promote change and contribute to development in their own countries. It is the best opportunity for a foreign student to study in Australia scholarship.
Australia Awards Scholarships 2025
- Country: Australia
- Scholarship by: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30 April 2024
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis, and Futuna
- Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia
- Middle East
- Palestinian Territories
Australia Scholarship 2025 Criteria
be at least 18 years old on February 1 of the year the scholarship begins; be a citizen of a participating country. Not being a citizen of Australia
not being married, married, or in fact with a person who owns or is eligible for citizenship or permanent residence in Australia or New Zealand, at any time during the registration, selection, or mobilization
currently does not serve military personnel; have not previously received a long-term award in Australia, unless they have resided outside Australia for twice the total time they have been in Australia
have met the specific criteria established by the Program Area or by the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
being able to meet the admission requirements of the institution where the award will be held
be able to meet all the requirements of the Department of Internal Affairs to have a student visa. This may mean that the Program Area must withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot meet the visa requirements;
Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship with the personnel employed in the Program Areas or with the contracting managers so that the application can be managed appropriately and transparently.
Read the full eligibility criteria in the Australian Award Policy Manual (PDF)
The Australia Awards Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. All expenses will be covered. Details are given below.
- Full Tuition fees.
- Return air travel
- Establishment allowance: a single payment as a contribution to accommodation costs, textbooks, and study materials.
- Contribution to living expenses (CLE)
- Student Health Coverage Abroad (OSHC)
- English pre-course fees (PCE): if necessary, PCE may be available for students to train in the country and/or Australia
- Supplemental academic support may be available to ensure the academic success of an academic or improve their academic experience.
- Fieldwork may be available to eligible research students for a return to economy class air ticket on the route plus Direct to Your country of citizenship or Australia.
AAS Participating Universities
The Following Universities are Participating Under the Australia Awards Scholarship:
- Australian Catholic University
- Aviation Australia
- Bond University
- Box Hill Institute TAFE
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Canberra Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Curtin University of Technology
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
- James Cook University
- Kangan Institute
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Melbourne Polytechnic
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- TAFE NSW
- TAFE Queensland
- TAFE SA
- Tasmanian Polytechnic
- The Australian National University
- The Gordon Institute of TAFE
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New England
- The University of New South Wales (including ADFA)
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- University College London
- University of Canberra
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- The University of Tasmania (including
- the Australian Maritime College)
- The University of Technology Sydney
- University of The Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
- William Angliss Institute of TAFE
The last date for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2025 is 30 April 2024.
How to apply
There are two procedures to apply. Registration online or by mail depends on your country. The full search on how to apply is provided below.
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.