Application is invited to apply for Charles University Development Scholarship in the Czech Republic 2020 for students from developing countries. The Czech Republic Scholarship by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based program
For the academic year 2020/2021, there are eight scholarships available, designed for students from developing countries and countries in political and economic transition. As of 2020, the scholarship is administered as a lump sum of CZK 75,000 (approximately 3,000 euros) to selected students to cover the necessary living costs. There is no exemption from the tuition fee as part of the scholarship.
The Development Scholarship for International students offer Undergraduate and postgraduate program to student from developing countries. For more information about scholarship in Czech Republic 2020 please see the detail below.
Charles University Development Scholarship 2020
- Funded By: Czech Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports
- University: Charles University, Czech Republic
- Scholarship level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Scholarship Worth: CZK 75,000
- Deadline: April 30th, 2020
To be considered for the development scholarship for international students in the Czech Republic, 2020, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students from developing countries studying in one of the honor-based study programs of the Faculty of Social Sciences in one of the first three years of bachelor’s degree or in the first two years of study for undergraduate or master’s degree.
- Applicants must have obtained the relevant certificates required for admission and the undergraduate or graduate program at Charles University.
- The scholarship is for students beginning their studies in the 2020 academic session and students who wish to postpone their admission will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership skills and must be willing to abide by the rules governing student conduct at the host university.
- completed application form
- Motivation essay with a maximum of 1000 words, explaining why you need a scholarship and what you hope to get from your studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you from your previous studies, including confirmation of your financial need (for new applicants to our programs)
- a letter of recommendation from an academic at Charles University who knows you in your studies at the College, including confirmation of your financial need (for current students in our programs).
How To Apply
The application deadline is April 30, 2020.
The application must be submitted complete (with all necessary documents), and all documents submitted must be original and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
The application has to be submitted to:
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.