Application is invited to apply for Aoyama Gakuin University Japan-World Customs Organization Scholarship in Tokyo, Japan 2021. This is a fully-funded japan scholarship for developing country student to undertake a master’s degree in a field relating to Customs policy and administration.
The Japan-OMA Human Resources Development Program (Scholarship Program) provides a grant that covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition, and other approved expenses to enable young customs promoters from a developing country member of OMA to conduct studies Master’s degrees at Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Aoyama Gakuin University is a private university in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Originally founded in 1874 by missionaries from the Methodist Episcopal Church, it was reconfigured in its current form in 1949, as part of Aoyama Gakuin.
Aoyama Gakuin University Japan-WCO Scholarship
- Funded By: Japan and the World Customs Organization
- University: Aoyama Gakuin University Scholarship
- Scholarship level: Masters
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
- Deadline: August 10th, 2020
To be considered for Japan-OMA scholarships for students in developing countries 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be customs officials for a developing member of the WCO with at least two years of quality experience in the field of customs policy and administration in their home country.
Candidates experienced in applying IPR limits who are expected to work in the IPR related section of their Customs administration after the scholarship will take precedence.
- Applicants must be in good health and under the age of 40 as of April 1, 2021.
- Upon successful completion of the scholarship program, applicants must continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years minimum.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with the laws of Japan, as well as AGU regulations, and refrain from engaging in illegal activities.
A monthly grant covers room, board, transportation, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if applicable.
The value of the scholarship is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese government.
- Admission and registration fees.
- Air tickets in economy class between your country of origin and Japan.
- The current value of the monthly scholarship is 147,000 yen (since 2020).
- The current value of the admission fee is 290,000 yen and the annual registration fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2020).
How to apply
Applicants must submit an application online by visiting the contracting agency’s official application website. Applicants should make sure to complete their applications before the deadline, as this will not lead to disqualification.