Application is invited to apply for Kader Asmal Scholarship for Master In Ireland. The Kader Asmal Scholarship Program is a South African chapter of a larger Irish scholarship program, administered by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs. This is a fully-funded Scholarship program to study in Ireland.
The Irish Scholarship Program enables first and half career professionals from eligible countries with leadership potential to benefit from quality, world-class, prestigious education, contributing to capacity development. It offers selected students the opportunity to complete a fully-funded one-year master’s program at an Institution of Higher Education (HEI) in Ireland.
Kader Asmal Master Scholarship
- Funded By: Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
- Country: Ireland Scholarship 2021
- Scholarship level: Masters
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded Irish Scholarship
- Deadline: 31st August 2020
To be considered for the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in Ireland 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- be a national resident of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (this may include internships and volunteering)
- Have an academic honor level certification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (first class honor or second class honor, grade
- seek funding for a full-time graduate program in one of the study areas mentioned below
- being a scholar in the academic year 2021/2022
- You must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Scholarship Program on more than one previous occasion.
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution, and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development, and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- exam and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance, and study allowance
- a monthly personal life allowance (stipend) to cover other living expenses just for you and
- the costs of an entry permit application (student visa)
- Applicant’s passport (only one identity page required) or other official ID if you don’t currently have a passport
- Your graduation certificate
- Final degree academic transcripts
- (Optional at this stage): Your English Language Test Certificate (IELTS).
How to apply
Applicants must submit their application online by completing the online application form before the deadline. Applicants must provide accurate information to avoid disqualification.