Application for Owen Browning Scholarships in New Zealand at the University of Canterbury for the academic year 2020-21 is now open. The New Zealand university international scholarship program offer toward the master and doctoral studies in Forestry.
Owen Browning Scholarships in Forestry are provided by the former Hutt Timber Holdings Limited, as a tribute to the late Mr. Owen Browning, who was prominent in the development of the New Zealand lumber industry.
The scholarship shall support postgraduate scholarships that are enrolled in a master’s degree in environmental sciences, fully supervised by the School of Forestry and also for students enrolled in a doctorate in forestry and the scholarship will cover the entire duration of the study program.
Owen Browning Scholarships In New Zealand
- Funded By: Trust Fund of Hutt Timber Holdings Limited
- University: University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Scholarship level: Masters and Ph.D.
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st November 2020
To be considered for the Owen Browning Scholarships in Forestry 2020 at Canterbury University, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are international students who have been admitted or who are eligible for admission to postgraduate studies in Forests at Canterbury University.
- Candidates for master’s scholarships must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Candidates for doctoral scholarships must have a relevant master’s degree obtained from a recognized university.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong academic and leadership skills and be willing to interact with people from different cultures, religions, and races.
How to apply
Applicants must submit their application online by completing the Owen Browning Scholarships application form. Applicants are advised to provide the necessary information and upload relevant supporting documents.