Application is invited to apply for U.S. Embassy Philippines YSEALI Academic Fellowships 2023. This is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. The YSEALI Academic Fellowship is an intensive short-term academic program that provides young leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States and of a particular theme, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is a public diplomacy program designed to advance regional strategic goals, break down barriers that separate the next generation of leaders in Southeast Asia, and link those emerging leaders to the United States.
The Fellowship will focus on one of three themes: Civic Engagement, Environmental Issues, and Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. During the academic residency, participants will also have opportunities to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
YSEALI Academic Fellowships 2023
- Coverage: Fully Funded
- Host University: USA Universities
- Degree Level: Postgraduate, Graduate
- Host Country: USA
- Deadline: June 8, 2022
YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Civic Engagement:
The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Civic Engagement will provide Fellows with an overview of how citizens have shaped U.S. history, government, and society both as individuals and groups.
YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues:
The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues will explore the role that environmental policy has played in the economic and political development of the United States.
YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development:
The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development will provide Fellows with an overview of entrepreneurial approaches to address social and economic issues.
Applicants must be:
- A YSEALI member (Register for free at http://yseali.state.gov );
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application;
- A citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- Not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- A full-time undergraduate college student or have graduated in the past four years; and
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
The program will cover all participant costs, including international travel costs, including program administration; international and visa travel; travel allowances; domestic travel and ground transportation; book, cultural, mailing, and incidental allowances; and housing and subsistence. If the program is conducted virtually, technology allowances may be provided to the Fellows.
All participants will receive the Department of State’s Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges (ASPE) health benefit during the U.S.-based in-person component, which provides coverage of up to $100,000 with a $25 co-pay per medical visit and a $75 co-pay per emergency room visit, for the duration of the program.
- May 18, 2022: Application opens
- June 8, 2022: Application closes
- June 20-27, 2022: Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview
- Between August-November 2022: Academic Fellowship Program (contingent upon health, safety, and travel conditions)
How To Apply
Due to the number of applications received, the Secretariat may not be able to acknowledge receipt of each application. Shortlisted applicants for interviews will be notified by June 20-22, 2022. For more information please check the official source of scholarship.