Application is invited to apply for the ADB Internship Program. This is a fully-funded international paid internship program for international students. Student from ADB ADB member countries is eligible to apply for the Asian Development Bank Summer Internship Program.
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. The duration of the ADB internship will be 8 weeks.
To enroll in the ADB internship program It is necessary that the student currently enrolls in a master’s degree program or a PhD-level program. It’s not for Bachelor’s Degree Students.
ADB Summer Internship
- Organization: Asian Development Bank
- Internship Duration: Minimum 8 Weeks
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
ADB announces internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
- Enrolled in a master’s or doctoral level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries.
- participate in academic studies in an area directly related to ADB’s work.
- be a citizen of one of the members of the ADB
- and have an excellent command of English.
- Have professional experience relevant to the task.
Advantages of the ADB Internship
- work for a large international development organization.
- working in collaboration with experienced professionals from more than 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of ADB’s work
- Contribute to the ADB business through research results.
Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded to all interns according to the location of the internships within 56 calendar days.
Airfare: ADB offers a limited amount to cover part of the cost of airfare if travel by plane is required between the place of the internship and the authorized point of origin (i.e., the school location).
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
Candidates apply through ACES, prepare their CVs, and answer the essay questions.
All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete the application.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period to submit their internship applications.
ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the overall intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Available Internship positions
- Prevention and Compliance Division at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Office of the Auditor-General at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Transport and Communications Division at Kazakhstan Resident Mission. Details HERE.
- Infrastructure Finance Division 1 at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Advisory Division 2, OP at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Private Sector Investment Funds & Special Initiatives at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Infrastructure Finance Division 2 at Thailand Resident Mission. Details HERE.
- Statistics and Data Innovation Unit at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Office of the Director-General, CSD at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Office of the Compliance Review Panel at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Prevention and Compliance Division (IDD) at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- European Representative Office at European Representative Office. Details HERE.
- Risk Policy and Architecture Division at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
- Office of Professional Conduct at Asian Development Bank Headquarters. Details HERE.
How to apply for the ADB Internship
Complete the online application and upload all the necessary documents. To apply for the internship, visit the official website of the Asian Development Bank. Read the frequently asked questions about the ADB Internship.
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.