The application is invited to apply for the Macquarie University scholarship in Australia 2021. Macquarie University Australia offers fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships in Financial Econometrics for qualified and distinguished national and international students who wish to enroll in a doctoral research program at the institution for the 2020/2021 academic session.
This project aims to contribute to the understanding of financial market risks, using high-frequency intraday financial data and advanced financial econometric tools, allowing better risk management and improving our ability to maintain the stability of the financial system.
The Ph.D. student will be supervised by Professor Shuping Shi from the Department of Economics at Macquarie Business School. Macquarie University is a public research university based in Sydney, Australia, in the Macquarie Park suburb. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales government, it was the third university established in the Sydney metropolitan area.
Macquarie University scholarship 2021
- University: Macquarie University, Australia
- Country: Australia Scholarship
- Scholarship Type: Fully funded
- Scholarship level: PhD
- December 20, 2020
Candidates are expected to have the following eligibility criteria for a Doctorate in Financial Econometrics from Macquarie University;
- National and international students;
- Students admitted to the Bachelor of Economics program (with honors);
- Applicants must have completed a master’s degree program in the area of relevance.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time Ph.D. program at Macquarie University, Australia.
- You must have a degree in econometrics and a strong interest in the financial market.
- English Language Requirement: Candidates must provide evidence that they meet the minimum language proficiency requirements at Macquarie University.
The funding program comprises the cost of tuition and the Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) subsistence/scholarship. The scholarship component of the grant is currently valued at AUD $ 28,092 per year (2020 rate, tax-free).
How to apply
As part of the opportunity application process, eligible candidates must be admitted to Macquarie University’s Ph.D. program. By registering, applicants will be considered for this education award.