Application is invited to apply for the University Of Ghana TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023. This is a fully funded scholarship program for international students. Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of the WHO Region are eligible to apply.
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate program with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, TB/HIV, and COVID-19. The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities.
University Of Ghana Scholarship 2023
- University: University of Ghana
- Student: International Students
- Country: Ghana
- Deadline: 9 September 2022
Study areas for the scholarship
Scholarships will be offered for the academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programs are taught in English.
Master’s Degree Scholarships (12 months full-time)
- Masters in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Eligibility For Scholarship
meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students (for postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programs page);
be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
be proficient in English;
provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before the commencement of the program; and consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
The scholarship covers:
- one round-trip economy airfare between the student’s home country and Accra, Ghana;
- tuition and academic fees;
- basic medical and accident insurance;
- a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living costs; and
- support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
How To Apply
Step One (1): Click on the link and then click on “APPLY NOW”. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
Step Two (2): Create an account, log in and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or MSc. Applied Health Social Science.
Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research.