Application is invited to apply for Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes 2020. All Nigerian Students are eligible to apply for the Nigeria Students Scholarship 2020. The Nigeria Scholarship 2020 opens for a Study abroad master’s degree at Selected institutions in the UK. The scholarship for Nigerian student funded by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies left to individuals, groups, and society. This is the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952.
In 2018, approximately $ 5.9 million (N1.78 billion) was invested in scholarships by the Joint Venture (SPDC JV) operated by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited and by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes
- Funded By: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
- University: Selected institutions in the UK.
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
- Scholarship level: Master Scholarship for Nigeran Student
In order to apply for the Nigeria Students Scholarship, 2020 student must fulfill the following requirements.
- exhibit intellectual capacity and leadership potential;
- have an adequate level of English (at least 6.5 on IELTS) and meet the language requirements of the university;
- have received admission to study in one of the eligible courses at the university you applied for through the normal application process;
- already have (or expect to maintain at the time of the scholarship) a standard degree equivalent to a UK high school diploma
- must have completed the National Youth Service by September 2020
- generally indigenous in rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa, Nigerian state, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the study period
- have not yet had the opportunity to study in the UK or another developed country.
- be between 21 and 28 years old until 09/30/2020.
- currently resides in Nigeria
- plans to return to Nigeria after completing the proposed study program.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid until December 2020
Participating institutions and course information:
For the academic year that started in September 2020, SPDC in association with three UK universities: Imperial College London; the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for a one-year master program.
The following courses qualify for 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship at the three institutions:
- Imperial College London – Apply to School
- The University of Aberdeen – Apply to School
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
- The University of Leeds – Apply to School
The Niger Delta Postgraduate Students Scholarship Schemes will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
How To Apply
- Submit the application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Scholarship application forms will ONLY be made available on the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen, after a formal offer of admission by the university.
- Universities will process applications and select candidates to participate in interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes application forms must reach participating universities by April 15, 2020.