If you’re applying to college, you’ve probably seen some statistics about a school’s admissions process, whether they’re posted on a college website or printed on some college ranking list. Every year, colleges release basic information about their newly accepted students, which typically includes test scores, demographics, total applicants, and acceptance rate.
For high school students currently in college, the acceptance rate can be a focal point among these statistics. Many students believe that the acceptance rate is the truest indicator of a university’s selectivity.
Newspaper and television headlines tell the story of increasingly competitive college admissions, declining acceptance rates, and elite schools becoming even more selective.
This year, nearly every Ivy League school has set a record low acceptance rate, with Harvard setting the bar low at just 5.2%.
What is an Acceptance Rate?
Simply put, a university’s acceptance rate is the rate at which applicants are accepted. It is calculated by dividing the number of accepted students by the total number of applicants.
For example, if School A has 100,000 applicants and accepts 5,000 students, its acceptance rate will be 5%. If college B has 10,000 applicants and also accepts 5,000 students, its acceptance rate will be 50%.
Although both schools accepted the same number of students, their acceptance rates are very different because College A received 10 times as many applicants as College B.
Also Check: Fastest and Easiest Country to Get Second Citizenship
Canadian Universities Acceptance Rate
Canada is one of the preferred study-abroad destinations in the world. Many international students choose to study in Canada for a variety of reasons. For many students, the main reasons are the quality of education and the value of a Canadian degree.
It is sometimes difficult to get accepted to Canadian universities due to the high level of competition. However, some universities may have very high acceptance rates. Let’s look at the top ten Canadian institutions with high acceptance rates.
Let’s look at the top ten Canadian institutions with high acceptance rates.
- Lakehead University – 82%
- Thompson Rivers University – 82%
- Ryerson University – 80%
- Yorkville University – 78%
- University of Northern British Columbia – 75%
- Brock University – 73%
- University of Saskatchewan – 72%
- University of Prince Edward Island – 70%
- Mount Allison University – 70%
- Acadia University – 65%
Also Check: Easiest Country To Get Scholarships For University | Student Opinion
USA Universities Acceptance Rate
Unsurprisingly, the best universities in the United States also have the lowest acceptance rates in the country. There are many students applying and universities have very strict admission standards. So the competition is very fierce.
Just keep in mind that colleges with low acceptance rates aren’t necessarily right for you. This is your education, not a popularity contest. The most important thing is to find an academic program that interests you and speaks to your interests and your future career.
Here are the acceptance rates for the best universities in the U.S.:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – 6.7%
- Stanford University – 4.34%
- Harvard University – 4.92%
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech) – 8%
- University of Chicago – 7.9%
- University of Pennsylvania – 10%
- Yale University – 7%
- Columbia University – 6.1%
- Princeton University – 6.5%
- Cornell University – 15%
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor – 26%
- Johns Hopkins University – 14%
- Northwestern University – 28%
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB) – 17%
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – 17%
- New York University (NYU) – 32%
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD) – 30.2%
- Duke University – 7.6%
- Carnegie Mellon University – 15.4%
- Brown University – 9.3%
Also Check: How Do You Get 100% Free Scholarships?
UK Universities Acceptance Rate
Studying in the UK is a rewarding experience. From the country’s rich culture and background to its world-class education, the UK can offer many things to international students. But beyond these advantages, British universities can be difficult, especially for beginners.
British universities are known to be selective or difficult to get into. The UK has a reputation for superior academic achievement and admits students who meet its standards.
For international students who intend to study here, it is very challenging. But here is the good part, there are universities in the UK that have a high acceptance rate or are easy to get into.
- Aberystwyth University – 96.1% (Offers extended to students who apply)
- University of Roehampton – 93.9%
- Bishop Grosseteste University – 92.2%
- University of Portsmouth – 89.9%
- York St John University – 89.4%
- Leeds Trinity University – 89%
- Nottingham Trent University – 88.9%
- Newman University, Birmingham – 88.7%
- University of Exeter – 88.7%
- St Mary’s University, Twickenham – 88.3%
Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.
Also Check: 8 Scholarship That Gives The Most Money For Study Abroad
Leave a Reply