Application is now open to apply for Africa International PGR Scholarships 2020 at King College London. Student from African countries highly encouraged to apply for the King’s international PGR scholarships. Funding is available for up to 4 years. The Africa International PGR Scholarships are available to undertake a full-time Ph.D. at King’s College London starting in 2020/21.
The Ph.D. topic must be clearly relevant to the African continent. Interdisciplinary projects are especially recommended and all projects must fit at the intersection of two or more of the below themes or disciplines: This is a fully-funded scholarship for African student in the UK.
King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding faculty and member institution of the Federal University of London.
Africa International PGR Scholarships 2020
- University: King’s College London
- Country: London, United Kingdom
- Scholarship level: Doctoral Scholarship 2020-21
- Scholarship Worth: Full scholarship for African student
- Deadline: 1st April 2020
To be considered for African PGR International Scholarships at King’s College, 2020, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be African citizens and permanently reside in the relevant country.
- Applicants should be responsible for fees at the highest international/foreign rate.
- Applicants should plan to start a full-time MPhil / Ph.D. program at King’s College London in the 2020-21 academic session.
- Applicants should plan to conduct research relevant to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the specified subjects or disciplines.
- Applicants must be admitted to study a full-time doctoral program at King’s College London for the 2020-21 session.
- Conflict, Peace, and Security
- Global Health
- Digital Technology
Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Tanzania, Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome, and Principe, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo, Republic of, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic, Comoros, Chad, Central African Republic, Cap Verde, Cameroon, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
- An annual stipend (living allowance) at UKRI rate (for 2019-21, has been set at £ 17,009)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research scholarships (up to £ 5k / year, depending on the faculty)
How to apply
- First, apply through the online admission system and get an offer until April 1, 2020
- Submit a separate online scholarship application to the Center for Doctoral Studies by April 1, 2020
- Only those who meet the eligibility criteria and who applied for the scholarship will be considered.