26 May, 2024

6 Best Countries Where You Can Work While Studying Abroad

If you plan to study abroad but do not have the scholarship to cover all your expenses, consider getting a part-time or full-time job. It can be an excellent way to maintain a stable income, allowing you to face academic challenges without worrying about money. They have found the 6 best countries in which you can work while you study.

The main problem facing international students is not being allowed to work while studying. A country that makes it virtually impossible for international students to obtain a work permit in Italy. Other countries such as China allow foreign students to work, but make the process of applying for a work permit quite complicated.

The United States also has very complicated laws and strict rules when it comes to work while studying. In some countries, such as Costa Rica, international students are prohibited from working while studying.

Fortunately, there are many countries that offer excellent education and also allow international students to work part-time while studying at the university. Some have relatively high restrictions, while others are quite mild. All of the following countries make it easier for students to earn extra money.

These are the six main countries for immigrant students who need to work while they study.

Working Whilst Studying Overseas

#1. Sweden

Sweden is an excellent place to live and also an excellent place to study. Sweden has many top-level universities, and although it is not among the top ten countries in terms of the quality of the education system, it remains one of the best options in the world for international students.

The country is also quite forgiving when it comes to allowing international students to work. If you have a residence permit in Sweden (and get one if you are studying there), there is no official limit for how many hours you can work.

#2. United Kingdom

Some of the best universities in the world are located in the United Kingdom, but the country has strict rules when it comes to work while studying. If you are an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, there is no limit to the number of hours you can work per week and there is no application process. You just need to tell your employer where it is from.

If you are from a non-EU country, the rules are slightly different. First, you need a level 4 student visa (general). And there are still many restrictions. You can check them on the website of the University of Edinburgh.

This is what it says in a nutshell: you can work 20 hours a week if you are in a full-time or higher degree program or 10 hours a week if you are in a lower grade level.

#3. France

France is one of the best places to study if you are an international student and have a scholarship that covers all your expenses. If you have to work to cover your costs, France is still the way to go.

The good thing about France is that all international students can work while they study.

They are limited to 964 hours per year (60% of the legal year of work or approximately 19 hours per week) and, if you are outside the EU, you must have a resident student permit. The APT or temporary work permit is required only for Algerian students.

#4. Canada

Canada is a beautiful country, with a lot to offer in terms of education, especially if you plan to stay there after school. The country is simplified for foreign students who wish to stay and work in Canada after their studies.

However, if you need to work while studying, the rules are quite complicated, so we will explain them in more detail than in other countries.

International students can work on campus if they are full-time high school students at:

CEGEP in Quebec (a private university-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is funded at least 50% by government grants)

A Canadian private school that can legally grant diplomas in accordance with provincial law.

A study permit and a social security number are also required. There is no time limit to work on campus.

If students want to work off-campus without a work permit, they will have a limit of 20 hours per week. In addition, a study permit is required to allow them to work off-campus (the information must be on the permit).

They must be full-time students in “a designated educational institution (DLI) and must be enrolled in a post-secondary academic, vocational or vocational training program or in a secondary level vocational training program (Quebec only)”. Needless to say, they also need to have a Social Security Number.

For students “enrolled in a program with English or French as the only second language (ESL / FSL)” or those enrolled in a course of general interest, a valid work permit is required to work off-campus.

#5. Australia

If you get a student visa and take a university course in Australia, we can say that not only can you work there while you study, but that any family member (family members included in the student visa application) can also work while You study in the field. The same rules apply to students and their families.

While studying, everyone can work up to 20 hours a week and full-time while on vacation. And if you are a graduate research student, you can work full time if you have started a master’s degree in research or a doctorate. The same rights apply to all members of your family!

#6. New Zealand

Last but not least, we have New Zealand. This country, like Sweden, does not have world-famous universities but offers an excellent education in the same way. It is also one of the countries with the highest standard of living. In addition, applying for a student visa is quite easy and straightforward.

If you wish to work before starting your studies, check your visa or the physical visa tag that can be found in your passport to obtain your labor rights. They can also be found in a letter that accompanies your student visa. If you cannot find your employment rights, you will not be eligible to work.

If you are allowed to work, you can work up to 20 hours a week if you are studying full-time for at least two years. During the holidays, international students can work full-time. In addition, Ph.D. and master’s students (in research) can work full-time without restrictions.

Please Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel And WhatsApp Channel To Get The Latest Scholarship Updates.

Please Check Out Our LinkedIn Company Page And LinkedIn Group And Get All the Latest Scholarships Updates.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Secured By miniOrange