Application is invited to apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Senegal for master and doctoral degree. The DAAD Germany scholarship Funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). This is a fully-funded Study in Germany scholarship program for Sub-Saharan African Students.
The program aims to promote strong and internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa, with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To that end, development-related scholarships for master’s or doctoral degrees are awarded to individuals planning to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in sub-Saharan Africa.
All Sub-Saharan African Students are eligible to apply for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship. The target group for scholarships is graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree applying for a master’s degree program or with a master’s degree applying for a doctoral program seeking a master’s or doctoral degree.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2021
- Funded By: German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Scholarships to be taken at: Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS).
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
- Deadline: June 2, 2020
- Successfully completed a three-year college degree (master’s degree candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidate) with above-average results (at least: Second Class / Superior Division)
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- have a deep understanding of the language of instruction
- generally completed last university degree more than 6 years ago at the time of enrollment
- Must be a national or permanent resident of a sub-Saharan African country
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) are available in the following fields:
- Master Plant and Microbial Technology
- Master Agroforestry, Ecology and Adaptation
- Master Phytopharmacy and Plant Protection
- PhD Ecole Doctorale – Sciences de la Vie, de la Santé et de l’Environnement (ED-SEV)
The duration of the Ph.D. program is generally three years and the Master program is generally two years generally starting in January 2021.
Documents to present in English:
- DAAD registration form duly completed (available on the DAAD Portal)
- Hand-signed resume (use the European sample format
- http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if
- Letter of recommendation from university professors.
- Letter of admission to the destination university.
- Certified copies of graduation certificates, including transcripts.
- Letter of motivation
- copy of passport
Doctoral candidates must send the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance by the academic supervisor.
- Detailed and accurate Ph.D. proposal, including detailed work and schedule
- Summary of the proposal on one page (include the name and title of
The DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program at Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) is fully funded and cover all expense.
- Tuition fees: 890,000 XOF (Master In-Country and In-Region Country Group 1) 70,000 XOF (Master In-Country Students from ISEP) 115,000 XOF (Master In-Region Country Group 2) 55,000 XOF (Ph.D. In-Country and In-Region Country Group 1).
- Study and research allowance: 460 EUR (Master) 920 EUR (Ph.D.).
- Printing allowance: 400 EUR (Master) 800 EUR (Ph.D.)
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food, etc.): 300 EUR (Master In-Country) 450 EUR (Master In-Region) 500 EUR (Ph.D. In-Country) 550 EUR (Ph.D. In-Region)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only) and Health insurance
How to apply
The application process for the DAAD-CERAAS Scholarships in 2021 contains two stages.
Applicants must enroll in their studies at the Center d’Études Régional pour L’Amélioration of the Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) using the contacts and method prescribed by the institution. Term established by the center.
The Regional Study Center to Improve Adaptation to Society (CERAAS) will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD Portal. Only shortlisted candidates must log in to the DAAD portal, submit an application and submit an application for the DAAD-CERAAS 2021 scholarship. DAAD deadline: June 2, 2020