Application is invited to apply for Kennedy-Lugar YES Youth Exchange Program in USA 2022. This is a fully-funded exchange program for international student. The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program is funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is implemented by a consortium of organizations led by American Councils.
The program provides high school students from countries with significant Muslim populations the opportunity to spend an academic year as an exchange student in the United States, attending high school and living with an American host family. The participants should be in class 9th & 10th. The Deadline is 15 Sept 2021.
Students are enrolled for a full academic year of high school study in the U.S., attending classes and participating in extracurricular activities with their American classmates.
YES Youth Exchange Program in USA 2021 Details
- Host Country: USA
- Organization: US Department States
- Program Type: Fully Funded
- Program Duration: One Year
- Eligible Students: High School Students
- Application Deadline: 15th September 2021
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 17 by the start of program (August 15, 2022).
- Applicants must be enrolled in a secondary school at the time of application.
- Applicants must have the equivalent of a “B” average or better and no failing grades.
- Applicants must meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (U.S. citizens are not eligible for a J-1 visa).
- Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan.
- Applicants must be enrolled in 9 th or 10 th grade or ‘O’ Levels at a secondary school in Pakistan at the time of application. (Note for ‘O’ Level students: Only ‘O’ Level 9 th grade or ‘O’ Level 10 th grade students are eligible to apply. ’O’ Level 11 th graders are not eligible.)
In addition to the above requirements, students who also meet the following criteria are more likely to be short-listed for the final round of selection.
The applicant can represent and demonstrate Pakistani culture and values at American schools and communities. The applicant demonstrates maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character, and scholastic aptitude.
The applicant is willing to participate in the host family’s daily life. The applicant has a record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Final Student Application, before arriving in the United States.
The applicant demonstrates flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding. The applicant agrees to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ grade average.
The applicant agrees to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Final Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Fully Funded Exchange Program
- All costs of the chosen candidates will be covered by the host organization
- Air Fare Tickets
- Accommodation during the program
- Free Meals
- Visa costs will be covered
- Tuition Fee
- 125$ Monthly Stipend for living expenses
Application & Selection Process
- STEP-1 Online Preliminary Application:
- STEP-2 Online Interview:
- STEP-3 Proctored Essays, Group Activity, and In-person Interview:
- STEP-4 ELTiS:
- STEP-5 Final Evaluation
How To Apply
Applicants can apply online. To Apply please visit the Official Link to YES Youth Exchange Program in USA 2021.