The Islamic Youth Cooperation Forum (ICYF) announces the “ICYF Youth Volunteer Camp” program to equip young people with practical knowledge and guidance to help and support communities during pandemics, natural disasters, and humanitarian crises. This is a fully-funded summer exchange program for international student in Turkey.
As the world is undergoing unprecedented change, everyone must join forces to work collectively and support each other during these difficult times. Volunteering is the crucial and meaningful solution right now to bring people together and mobilize them according to where help is most needed.
Any Student age 18-30 with any academic Background is eligible to apply. There are No Academic Requirements. Young Undergraduates, Graduates, or anyone between 18-30 can apply.
ICYF International Volunteer Camp
- Country: Antalya, Turkey
- Duration: Males: 12-17 July 2021, Females: 5-10 July 2021
- Eligible Countries: The OIC Member States, Muslim Communities (See below)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 13th June 2021
ICYF Young Volunteers Camps targets to achieve the following specific objectives:
To design the right framework of a volunteering training program during any kind of crisis as a long-term solution
To establish an effective partnership network and its community for volunteer’s capacity building
To empower youth lead organizations on volunteering management
To enhance young volunteers` capacities through interactive training
To promote the human rights of volunteers during humanitarian crises with civic and human rights education.
To establish a network among youth organizations for effective collaboration to find sustainable solutions during a pandemic crisis and humanitarian crises in the world.
To raise awareness of youth on the universal values of volunteerism
To provide a platform for sharing experiences, lessons learned and reflections on youth volunteerism and its impact.
To share best examples of successful youth volunteerism initiatives
To enable participants to improve themselves in project preparation for various funding sources and project cycle management
As stated above, the ICYF Youth Volunteer Camp is a fully-funded program for all participants that will cover the following expenses below:
Travel: Travel expenses to and from your country of residence to the camp in Samsun will be covered. Also visa for participants, medical insurance and travel insurance.
Visa fee: The visa fee of the participants is also included.
Medical: Medical and travel insurance will be covered.
Accommodation, local tour and additional costs: The host’s organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant costs related to local hospitality.
LOCATION & DATE
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
- Date: 5-10 July For Young Women & 12-17 July For Young Men
The final selection will be made by the organizing committee. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an ICO member state or representative of a Muslim community in a non-ICO member state
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Age between 18 and 30 years.
- Previous experience in humanitarian and volunteer work.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Volunteer experience (article, project, photo, video, etc.)
- Involved / or coordinated project related to volunteering.
- Leaders with impact in their local community.
- Passionate and responsible to participate in the entire training program of the camp.
Important note: only selected participants will be informed of the eligibility of their applications.
How to Apply
The Application process is Full Online. To apply for the Volunteer Camp. Please Visit the Official Website of the ICYF Volunteer camp 2021.