Application is invited to apply for the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship 2020 at Leiden University Netherlands. Student from South Africa region is eligible for Mandela scholarship 2020. Leiden University Scholarship in Netherland offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
The Mandela Scholarship is intended for students from South Africa, who wish to study at the University of Leiden for a semester, in order to expand their knowledge and contribute to the development of South Africa.
For more detail information about the scholarship for South Africa student please read the information below.
Mandela Scholarship Fund 2020
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mandela Scholarship Fund/ Leiden University.
- University: Leiden University, Netherlands.
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
- Scholarship level: Bachelor and Masters
- Deadline: April 1, 2020
- Applicants must be permanent residents of South Africa.
- Applicants must have enrolled in a university in South Africa.
- Applicants must be motivated to update or expand their knowledge in order to contribute to the development of South Africa.
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees for a semi-annual program abroad (if applicable)
- Note: Exchange students are exempt from fees based on the exchange contract
- Subsistence allowance: € 1000 per month
- Insurance sponsored by AON Student Insurance and organized by the scholarship team of the University of Leiden
- Letter of admission for exchange/study abroad at the University of Leiden
- Letter of motivation for the scholarship.
- Recent transcript of records from your University of South Africa
- CV updated
- Photocopy of your valid passport.
- Two original letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a member of the academic team)
- Documentation showing the status of any other subsidy for which you applied
- Proof of sufficient funds to stay in the Netherlands
- Governance, and Global Affairs
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding
- Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON)
- African Studies Centre
- International Institute for Asian Studies
How To Apply
- Submit an online application for admission to an exchange/study course abroad at the University of Leiden.
- After entering an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela scholarship application form.
- Send your completed scholarship application form as a scanned email attachment to [email protected]. Be sure to attach all necessary documents.